We have an educational pirate performance tailored for school children aged 5-7.
Our Musical Singalong show covers:
- Why music and singing was so important to sailors and how they used it to synchronise their work using sea shanties and for storytelling and entertainment.
- We teach children songs with actions, and also a memory game song that evolves with the children’s input.
- How sailors used a compass to navigate around the oceans.
- How sailors developed scurvy from poor nutrition while out and sea. How they used Limes to help with this. The general importance of good nutrition.
- How women became pirates in a time when traditionally only men would pursue careers, and how some of them became highly respected and incredibly successful.
- The weapons that Pirates Used.
- Handling items: Rope, Belaying Pin, Compass, Lime, Sword (Blunt and optional), Blunderbuss (Dummy and optional), Model Cannon.
- We also allow plenty of time for children to ask questions.
The running time for this performance is around an hour but can be shortened or lengthened within reason to fit in with schedules.
Songs included in the 1 hour school show are:
The Day I went to Sea (This way that way)
Hoist the Colours (From Pirates of the Caribbean)
There’s a Hole in the Bottom of the Sea
A Pirate Went to Sea
Blunderbuss and Badger both have full and up to date DBS/CRB certification.
- This usually involves repeating the event for multiple classes during the course of the school day.
We would like to thank you for a fantastic day and would not hesitate to recommend you to other colleagues. We all felt the day was designed around the children and that all of you treated the children (and staff) with care and consideration.